The Hobbit: Smaug
What to do when Hippo is gone for the weekend?
Play around with make up!
The whole sink is covered in glitter right now… hehe >:)
This is the second look for my Hobbit series, inspired on key elements out of Tolkien’s stories that I really adore.
Today, the lonely mountain was my inspiration.
More specifically the town of Dale and the dragon Smaug that took control of it.
Pretty sure that’s not it..
There we go!
The lonely mountain was once home to the Longbeards, a prosperous clan of dwarves founded by Durin.
Lead by Thrór, they acquired great wealth.
Not only the Arkenstone but immense piles of gold and gems as well!
I read all reptiles are attracted to shiny objects for some reason.
Well in the case of Smaug that seems to be true!
The treasure caught his attention, and he flew in to make it his own.
And then nap on it for years.
(ahh who’s a cute dragon..)
With Smaug now guarding the treasures that once belonged to the Longbeards, Bilbo, Gandalf, Thorin (Thór’s grandson),and 12 other dwarves set out to reclaim their long forgotten gold.
There’s the beginning of the Hobbit for ya!
Now here’s what I came up with:
Now you see why my sink was full of glitter?
1) Kryolan aquacolor in Black (071) on my lid
2) Black shadow from 88 matte palette on my lid and in my crease
3) The darkest yellow from Inglot 103 R on my browbone
4) Red shadow from the 88 shimmer palette blended almost up to my brow
5) Light gold from the same palette on my browbone and inner corner
6) Kryolan red glitter on the middle of my lid
7) Kryolan aquacolor in Yellow (509) as winged liner
8) Brassy gold from the 88 shimmer palette on top of that
9) Catrice gel liner in 010 Black Jack with Jack Black, all around my eyes and winged out as well.
10) Some more black shadow to smoke that bottom lashline
12) Kryolan red glitter on my eyebrows, applied with Kryolan lash glue
1) MUFE HD foundation
2) DA concealer pen
3) 2B concealer stick
4) Peach blusher (8) from my Zoeva Fresh Pink palette
5) That same pale gold shade from my 88 shimmer palette went on my cheekbones as well
Homeblend of OCC lip tars, tell me if you’re interested in how I made that one!
Aaaand that’s it!!
I hope you like this dragonesque look, hehe.
This was my first time trying glittery brows.
Posted on January 5, 2013, in Box o' appearance, Cosmetics, FOTD and tagged 88 matte, 88 shimmer, aquacolor, cosmetics, dark, dragon, dwarves, face of the day, fots, fresh pink, hobbit, kryolan, lady, lip tar, longbeards, look, make uo, occ, palette, smaug, tutorial, zoeva. Bookmark the permalink. 21 Comments.